Call Us: +1 (626) 683-9959
Center for Physical Therapy Services, Inc.
RESULTS YOU CAN TRUST
Home Health Care & Hospice Care Services
Center for Physical Therapy Services, Inc. will work with only quality home health care (both skilled and non-skilled) and hospice care services without regards to race, color, national origin, disability or age. You and or your family will take part in the decisions that affect your health and you will be treated with respect and dignity throughout the continuum of your medical care. Center for Physical Therapy Services, Inc. will also provide important care coordination in the post-phase of any acute care visit or hospitalization. Our Social Workers will also asssit you with accessing essential community resources such as meals on wheels (MOW), In Home Supportive Services (IHSS), Access Transportation Services, and much more! We strive to ensure that our staff will help you in the various transitions that you will make as you age.
Center for Physical Therapy Services, Inc.'s diverse professional staff includes Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists and Social Workers. Our mission is to have our staff spend more time with all of our clients and furthermore to listen to you and your needs. Our services include:
- Physical Therapy Evaluations and Treatments
- Occupational Therapy Evaluations and Treatments
- Speech Therapy Evaluations and Treatments
- Social Work Evaluations and Treatments
As part of our service all of our contracted agencies will also have the peace of mind of having access to their medical records via an on-line portal that is a part of our Therapy Boss electronic healthcare record (EHR).
Furthermore, as part of skilled services/interventions our staff is able to provide the following:
- Home Safety Evaluations, e.g. Installation of Grab Bars, Use of Shower Hoses, Use of a Shower Chair versus a Shower Bench
- Assessments for the appropriate medical equipment needed, e.g. Front Wheeled Walker versus a Four Wheeled Walker
- Family and or Client Caregiver Education/Training, e.g. Transfer Training, Range of Motion Training, Positioning Training
- Establishing and Upgrading Home Exercise Programs specific to each client's needs'
- Coordinating Community Resources, e.g. Initiating In Home Supportive Services, ACCESS Transportation
- Counseling services to help our clients cope with a number of psycho-social issues, e.g. Depression, Anxiety, Bereavement
- Community Education working with Senior Centers, Adult Day Health Centers (Call: +1(626) 683-9959 to schedule Us. Sample Topics Covered: Fall Safety/Prevention Strategies, Home Safety Recommendations, Diabetic Care, Caregiver Strategies to facilitate Self-Care.
- Electric Wheel Chair Evaluations to help substantiate to the payor source the reason(s) the client would benefit from DME.
Our owner's are extremely well versed in home health with both of our owners having over 20 years of experience in home health care. We also employ and work with Registered Nurses (RNs) and with Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) adding their unique perspective and knowledge to our ability to help with compliance and all regulatory requirements. One of the facets that make the Center for Physical Therapy Services, Inc. different from our competitors is the fact that we can guide our agencies through the clear or murky waters of the skilled nursing and therapy portion of care. What can our staff do for our contracted home health agencies? Our staff can offer the following services:
- Staff Training: Training to Agency Nurses/Staff regarding what a Physical Therapist, a Occupational Therapist, a Speech Therapist and what a Social Worker roles are in the home health setting.
- In-Service Education: Training with Agency staff to include Certified Home Health Aides, Staffing Coordinators, and newly hired professional/para-professional staff.
- Quality Assurance (QA): We can come to your agency and QA/review your charts, specifically looking at the nursing/rehabilitation/social work component of the patient's charts. We look at how the MD orders, how the Agency 485, how the nursing notes fit in the scheme of the nursing/therapy/social work clinical notes. We will look at things like: nursing/therapy/social worker evaluations done within a 48 hour time frame, MD Orders that qualify specific therapy interventions, we look at negative documentation, the mechanics of the required therapy re-assessments (30-Day, 13th Day Visit, and the 19th Day Visit), the level of therapy supervision with regards to licensed therapy assistants, cross reference clinical documentation between the various disciplines, and much more. Our QA focus is that of both a Technical QA as well as a Clinical QA.
- Supervisory Visits: We can help our agencies with complying with the 14-day required supervision for the Certified Home Health Aides (CHHA). Our RNs, LVNs, RPTs and OTRs can coordinate with our contracted agencies and the assigned CHHA and thereby render the required supervisory visit. We are also able to help the CHHAs with understanding how to facilitate walking, ROM exercises, safe and proper transfer training and more.
- Agency Education on when it is appropriate to refer to the various nursing/therapy disciplines and the social workers. We know that often agencies do not utilize or under-utilize certain disciplines, specifically the occupational therapists, the speech therapists, and the social workers. We believe that this under-utilization is done because of the lack of understanding on what each specific rehab professional is able to do within their specific scope of practice.
Call +1 (626) 683-9959 to schedule one of our professionals to consult with ones agency.
Referral to Professional Services
As a part of our commitment to being a truly well rounded provider we have aligned ourselves with various mobile healthcare
delivery providers, which include:
- Mobile laboratories that will draw samples in the comfort your home
- Mobile wound care physicians
- Mobile podiatrists
- Mobile x-ray providers
- Medical durable medical equipment providers
Private Pay Medical Services
We have teamed up with a group called the Stroke Connection where we will assist in providing skilled home based services to those residing in and around the Simi Valley area. What does this mean? It means better services to those clients that so desperately need it. There will be more to come with regards to this Private Pay service.
We try to keep it simple and cost effective by implementing a Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Social Worker EVALUATION/TREATMENT RATE (including simple form completion e.g. In Home Supportive Services initial certification forms). Please call us for our fee schedule.
The rates will vary depending on the specific needs, the amount of time that you are contracting our staff for and your specific location. Our rates are often lower than our competitors. For now, please call us so that we may answer all of your questions to your full satisfaction.
NOTE: If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1 first! We are NOT the answer for emergency cases that require immediate attention.